5.12.2008

A spider inside her

Thanks to this article from Cracked.com, and a verification at Snopes.com, I can rest easy knowing that I probably won't swallow a spider in my sleep tonight. Yes, I, along with millions of people, believed the "people swallow an average of 8 spiders during their sleep in their lifetime" declaration for most of my life. Whew!

And, I'm back.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

The one that hit me the hardest was the debunking of "you only use 10 percent of your brain" -- a fact that is quickly followed by a barrage of advertisements from every major alternative "drug" manufacturers that this or that herb extract would allow you to use the other 90 percent as well.

Which works fine until you realize that the other 90 percent is doing mostly unimportant tasks such as breathing, regulating your heartbeat, and processing input from your sense organs.

Who cares about that boring stuff anyway?